In this tutorial, we’ve put together some tips on adding a video to your presentations. No matter what your video’s source is, from YouTube or your Google Drive, you can insert it easily. Not only that, our tutorial will provide you helpful information about the video options that Google Slides offer.
Adding a Video to Your Presentation
- First, open your presentation in Google Slides. Then choose the slide where you want to add the video. Click Insert, select Video.
- Insert video setting will appear with three tabs. Now you can select your video’s source:
- Search (from YouTube)
- By URL
- Google Drive
- On the first tab, type your search in the box to find your desired YouTube video. Pick it and click Select.
- You’ll see your video appear in the slide, adjust its size and position according to your needs.
- If you want to embed your video by URL, go to the next tab. Copy and paste the URL of your video in the text box. Then click Select. Now you are able to place it anywhere in the slide that suits your needs.
- To insert a video from your Google Drive account, do it in the last tab. It must be already stored in your account. If not, you need to upload it to Google Drive:
- Open Google Drive
- Click New or right-click the background, select Upload files. Locate the video and click Open.
- Now switch to Google Slides. On the Google Drive tab, there are available videos stored in or shared with your Google Drive account. Choose your desired video and click Select to add the video to the slide. Don’t forget to adjust its size and position to suit your presentation more.
How to Cut and Edit a Video
- Select the video that you’ve inserted in the slide.
- Open Format options. There are some ways to open it:
- Click Format options on the toolbar.
- Right-click the video, choose Format options.
- Go to Format, select Format options.
- Then, on the right side, a new panel will appear. There are some options that you can take advantage of to make your video stand out.
- Navigate to that panel, click the Video playback. You can set when your video starts and ends, just type your desired time in the boxes. Besides, you’ll see an option below. Check it if you want to mute your video’s audio.
- Within the Size & Rotation tab, you can customize the video’s width and height values to your liking. If you want to keep the video proportions while changing its size, there is an option that can help you. Simply mark the box Lock aspect ratio.
- The below setting is the Position tab. Thanks to it, you can place the video exactly where you want, taking the top-left corner or the center of the video as a reference. What you need to do is simply adjust the values of the X and Y axes. Your video will move instantly.
- In case you want to add a drop shadow to your video, the last tab, Drop shadow, would come in handy. You need to check the box first. For more options, click the drop-down arrow. There are settings related to the color and the behavior of the shadow, such as transparency, angle, distance, and blur radius. Drag the scroll box horizontally to set the value that suits your needs, and then all changes will apply to your video.